image from american mouth
to participate in The Coconut Library Summer Reading Challenge
What: A challenge to get you reading all through the season.
Why: So that you will have motivation to keep those pages turning!
When: 12 a.m., June 1st - 11:59 p.m., August 31st
Where: On your couch, at the beach, on a plane or a train... anywhere you can read. Check back here to let us know your progress. We can keep each other motivated by doing it together!
How: This season your goal is to finish 3,000 pages in the course of three months.
- All pages counted must be from a book (no magazines, newspapers, etc). If you are reading from an e-reader or an audiobook check a book-selling site to find the official number of pages in the book. Use the Trade Paperback (regular paperback) format to count page numbers to add to your total pages. If the book has not yet been published as paperback, use the Hardcover page number count. No Mass Market (smallest versions of books, also soft covers) page counts allowed. E-mail or leave a comment if you have questions about this.
- You can split the number of pages however you like. You can read twelve 250 page books, or three 1,000 page books (or any other type of combination -- it's up to you).
- You may combine this challenge with other challenges you are doing. Just keep track of the pages you are reading along the way and record them in the comment section below.
- You must list the book titles, the page totals per book, and the date you finished reading the book below in the comment section.
- When you have completed the 3,000 pages, leave a comment in CAPITAL LETTERS saying that you have done so. At that point, I will go back and double check your page numbers that you have recorded along the way.
- The winner will be the first person to finish all 3,000 pages. The first, second, and third place winners will receive gift certificates to book stores. The top five winners will receive honorable mention.
I hope you all take advantage of this challenge... you have nothing to lose and only wonderful entertainment to gain! Here are a few lists to help you get the juices flowing for ideas of great books to read. Remember that each Coconut Library Book Club selection will count towards pages read. Please comment below or e-mail me with any questions regarding the challenge.